First Alert's Series of Basic Smoke Alarms work exceptionally well in detecting flaming fires. A Mute Button has been included to serve the dual purpose of silencing nuisance alarms brought on by cooking smoke and shower steam. This button also allows you to test the functionality of your alarm. First Alert Basic Alarms are an ideal purchase for those looking for basic fire protection with the option of conveniently muting false alarms. Basic Smoke Alarms also come equipped with an EZ access battery door that removes the hassle and burden of collecting your alarm from the ceiling and replacing its batteries. The combination of a 9v battery and an increased emphasis on the unit's 85db sound output establish peace of mind, while the inclusion of an anti-theft prevention lock all but guarantees the safest of experiences. This alarm carries a 10 year limited warranty and complies with UL217 Standards
- What's Included: Mounting bracket with hardware, User Manual, 9-volt Battery
- Help keep your family safe with this battery-powered smoke alarm featuring an ionization sensor for smoke detection; a loud 85-decibel alarm sounds when smoke levels are elevated
- Ionization sensor is effective in recognizing smoke from flaming fires such as paper and grease fires
- Battery-operated alarm unit provides continuous monitoring even if there's a power failure; plus, it's easy to install
- Tamper-resistant alarm also features a single test/silence button, side battery door, and missing-battery guard
- Side-load battery compartment and theft-prevention lock.
- To ensure complete protection make sure to place one on each level of your home and in each bedroom